This is my take on Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Stop buying it from the grocery store when you can make it at home! Everything that you need to make this delicious creamy dish can be found in your fridge as we speak! We all love a good Mac salad and I guarantee this is the one that you will be bringing to your BBQ gatherings.
Want to know how simple this is?
Everything is going to be broken down into 5 easy steps for you! The hardest part about this dish is waiting overnight to develop the best flavors. I highly recommend you letting it chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours-overnight. So I would plan accordingly if you want to make this. Trust me, it is worth it!
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp Mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped shredded carrot
- Cook macaroni with oil in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside, don’t rinse the macaroni.
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients.
- Pour sauce mixture over noodles and mix well.
- Mix in the onions and carrots last.
- Cover and store in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight for best results. Give it another mix before serving. Enjoy!