I bring to you guys a comforting Thai noodle dish!
It is a perfect dish to satisfy any of your Thai food cravings. If you are unfamiliar with Rad Na, it is somewhat similar to a Chinese Gravy Chow Fun.
Fresh Rice Noodles
Finding fresh rice noodles is quite hard to find. You can find it at your local Asian grocery store. However, if you can’t find that, you may replace it with the dry packaged rice noodles. You just want to make sure the noodles are the thick wide ones. Also, soak them in warm water prior to cooking.
The sauce is so good, you will be sure to lick your plate clean!
That’s how yummy it is! I often found myself using a spoon to drink up the mouthwatering sauce. Creating this meal is pretty simple! The delicious thick gravy is ladled over a plate of fresh chewy rice noodles. I’m going to show you how simple it is to make my version of Rad Na!
Serves approximately 2-3 people
- 1/2 a pound of chicken breast (Or your choice of protein)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Gold Mountain Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 gloves of garlic finely minced
- 2.5 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp chicken powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp thick sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Gold Mountain Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of Thai Soybean Sauce
- pinch of black pepper
To thicken gravy:
- 2 tbsp corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp of cold water
- 1 package of fresh rice noodles
- 1-2 tbsp of black soy sauce for coloring (optional)
- 1.5 cups of carrots sliced
- 1.5 pound of Chinese broccoli cut to desired length
- Pickled Serrano Peppers <— GET THIS RECIPE (Optional)
- Thai Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Marinate the chicken in the seasoning for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Heat up your wok on medium to high heat and cook your chicken until the meat runs clear of pink. Set chicken aside.
- Set your wok to medium – high heat. Coat your wok with vegetable oil and pan fry your noodles. Quickly pour over the black soy sauce to give it a beautiffly charred look. Toss everything together. Once the noodles are charred, set it aside on a plate. Try to move quickly or the noodles will over cook.
- On medium heat, add oil to your wok and sauté minced garlic until light golden brown. Whisk together all the gravy sauce ingredients in a bowl. (Taste and adjust sauce to your liking) After you mixed it together, toss it in with the garlic and add the cornstarch to help thicken up the sauce.
- Add your carrots in the sauce and let it come to a boil. Bring it to a boil and watch the sauce thicken up while stirring it occasionally. Add in the chicken and Chinese Broccoli. Cook until tender, it should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Assembling the dish. Place desired amount of noodles on a plate, and ladle over the hot gravy. Garnish with pickled Serrano Peppers and chili flakes. Serve this dish while it is still hot and enjoy!
If you are cooking this ahead of time don’t plate it just yet. Keep the noodles and gravy separate until you are ready to eat. The gravy will make the noodles mushy if you are not eating it right away.