A mouthwatering combination of sweet, sour, salty, and crunchy salad. This can be eating as an appetizer or a side salad with your meal. I love making this salad with fresh shrimp instead of just dried rehydrated shrimp. The shrimp adds a nice texture to the crunchy salad.
What is a green mango?
A green mango is pretty much an unripe mango. Green mango can be very tart, nutty, and slightly sweet. A nice sweet and savory sauce usually compliments the sour fruit. The taste of a green mango is very similar to a Granny Smith apple. You can find green mangoes at your local Asian store, but if you can’t find it, picking the most unripe mango will work. Let me show you how easy it is to recreate this delicious salad!
- 1 Green mango, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 8 cooked shrimp cut in half length wise
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup red onions
Sauce: 1/2 cup Nuoc Cham Sauce <— Recipe
- Fried Shallots
- Fresh Thai Peppers
Serves approximately 1-2 people
- Place dried shrimp in a bowl and cover it with warm water for 30 minutes to rehydrate shrimp.
- Coat the mango, carrots, dried shrimp, fresh shrimp, and half of the Nuoc Cham Sauce together until everything is incorporated.
- Toss in the mint, red onions, and cilantro right before plating.
- Garnish with fried onions, peanuts, and fresh Thai Chili Peppers.
- Serve immediately with a side of the remaining sauce.
-Adding in the fresh herbs last will not let it lose its flavor by getting drowned in the sauce.
-Let the shrimp cool down before tossing it into the salad or it will wilt the vegetables.