It’s light, crispy, and fun to eat. More importantly its easy to make! This is an effortless recipe that can be an appetizer at any party or even a weeknight dinner. Serve this with a bed of fries or dipped in my spicy mayo. It’s so much cheaper and healthy to make this at home rather than ordering it from a restaurant. It can get a bit pricey ordering this especially if you’re trying to feed a whole family, so this is a great meal to please them at the dinner table.
- Have all your ingredients set in a buffet style line for prepping.
- NEVER use pre cooked shrimp. Try to find fresh raw shrimp.
- Time your cooking accordingly to the size of shrimps being used. Be careful not to over cook the shrimp or it will become tough.
You’re going to go COCONUTS over this recipe!
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with the tails on. If you are using frozen, run it under cold water and pat dry.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel and devein shrimp, pat dry and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Bowl 1, add the flour and season with salt & pepper.
- Bowl 2, whisk together the eggs, set it next to the flour.
- Bowl 3, mix together shredded coconut and Panko crumbs next to the eggs.
- Next to your bowls, have a rack to place the prepped shrimp.
- Pre heat your Air Fryer to 400°F
- Add shrimp to flour, shake off any excess flour. Dip it in the egg wash, shake off any excess eggs. Finish the shrimps with the coconut and Panko bread crumbs. Place on rack and REPEAT steps until there’s no more shrimp.
- Spray cooking spray on the air fryer before placing the shrimp on basket. Cooking it for 3 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side. Cook in batches making sure not to over crowd the shrimp. If you are frying It, place in a frying pan with oil on medium heat. Cook shrimp for about 3 minutes per side and flip it to cook the other side. Place on a cooling rack and repeat process till all the shrimp is all cooked.
- Serve immediately with spicy mayo or sweet chili!
Thank You for reading! Until next time food family!