This delicate vinaigrette is a common dipping sauce in Vietnamese dishes. It has a combination of sweet, sour, salty and spicy all in one. You can dip it with grilled meats, drizzled over your rice, salads and many more! Working with fish sauce may be pretty scary if you aren’t using it often in your meals. So start off with a small amount and work your way up to your taste. This vinaigrette is very quick to make and may be stored in your fridge for up to a month in an air tight container.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp siracha (optional for heat)
- 2 chopped Thai chili (optional for heat)
- Boil the water, turn off the heat, and add sugar. Stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, chopped garlic, and chilis.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Always taste it and adjust to your preference.