You’ve got me wonton some more!!
This meal is perfect If you want to make it ahead of time for a later use. The wontons may be pre made and kept in the freezer for up to 4-6 months if it is stored properly. I like to make fresh soup for the wontons, but store-bought chicken or vegetable stock works as well. Just add fresh ginger, onions and soy sauce to the stock and boil for 30 minutes. The stock can also be stored in the freezer and thawed when you are ready to use it.
Ingredients for Wontons:
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground pork
- 1/4 cup green onions or chives
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- Package of wonton wrappers
Ingredients for Soup:
- 2 pounds of pork or chicken bones (I used 1 pound of each poultry)
- 1 large ginger
- 1 large onion
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp Chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Light Soy sauce
Additional ingredients for the soup: (optional)
- Green Onions
- Bak Choy
- Egg noodles
Directions for Wontons:
- Combine all of the ingredients and taste it by wrapping one wonton and boil it. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Place about 1 tsp of the meat mixture in the middle of the wonton wrapper and pinch all of the corners together.
- Place in the freezer till the broth is done.
- To cook the wontons, boil salted water in a separate pot and add in the wontons. It should take about 3-4 minutes. It will surface to the top and that’s how you’ll know it’s done.
- Place wontons in your bowl, add broth and garnish with bak choy, cilantro and green onions. ENJOY!
Directions for Soup:
- Pre boil your meat bones and discard any of the scum that floats to the top.
- Place clean bones in water and add in your onion, ginger, salt, sugar, & chicken bouillon.
- Let it simmer on medium heat uncovered for 4-6 hours or until the meat is tender.
- After the 3rd hour, discard the ginger.
- When the soup is done add light soy sauce and taste broth to adjust to your likings.
Remember cooking should be stress free and relaxing! Have fun and enjoy the process! Thanks for reading!